While the exact date that Lincoln’s Inn was founded is unknown but the “black books”, the minute records of the governing council, have been dated back to 1422. While the black book records demonstrate the disciplined body of the inn in 1422, it is speculated that the Inn became a formally organised inn following the third Earl of Lincoln’s death in 1310 who it is presumed the inn was named after.
Lincoln’s Inn is located between Chancery Lane and Lincoln’s Inn Fields.
Lincoln’s Inn is by far the largest inn with grounds covering 11 acres and hosting around 21,000 members in total, with 1,000 students joining each year.
Lincoln’s Inn has a scholarship fund of more than £1.8 million. This fund covers over 100 awards for the Bar Course, plus a handful of entrance awards and prizes for student members of the Inn. The fund also provides scholarship awards for GDL students and pupils, as well as scholarships that allow young barristers to spend time in international courts like the European Courts in Luxembourg and Strasbourg.
Loading More Content