As a Solicitor Apprentice you will work in our offices based in London for 35 hours per week.
Four days a week will be spent working in our practice groups and one day will be allocated to study. You will spend a year in each practice group where you will be involved in many of the day to day tasks of a trainee lawyer. Throughout your apprenticeship you will experience a broad range of our practice areas as you rotate through a variety of groups.
Some of your key tasks as a solicitor apprentice may include:
- Drafting documents and correspondence
- Assisting partners and associates with various tasks
- Liaising with clients, other law firms and third parties including Local Authorities, Companies House etc.
- Conducting legal research
- As you gain more experience, you’ll be given more responsibility such as attending client meetings with your supervisor and running parts of files
Training & Support
Throughout your apprenticeship programme and in addition to your studies you will receive regular training. This could come in the form of on the job training with your supervisor, or more formal training sessions through the Charles Russell Speechlys’ Skills Academy.
In each group that you work in you will be assigned a dedicated supervisor who will work with you to ensure that you are developing the required skills and knowledge and will also assist you with your portfolio. You will also receive support from Human Resources throughout your apprenticeship.
In addition to this, you will have a personal tutor at The City Law School who will meet you at regular intervals throughout the programme.
Salary & Benefits
You will earn a starting salary of £20,000 which will increase as your progress through the apprenticeship programme.
You will also be entitled to the full range of staff benefits including:
- Private medical care
- Income protection
- Life assurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Give as you earn scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan