During our teacher conferences, a qualified lawyer and experienced legal educator breaks down law careers and study options for teachers who advise aspiring lawyers.
The day includes guidance on the exciting opportunity presented by legal apprenticeships. It also covers different careers that fall under the law umbrella, and law degrees versus a conversion courses.
Tickets for the full-day event can be purchased for free! This reflects our desire to help inform, guide and interact with many teachers from a wide range of different schools.
TLP Teacher Conferences – What Do They Cover?
There are a number of different pathways available to an aspiring lawyer. These are changing all the time. The TLP Teacher Conference will cover:
- The different types of legal career available and the differences between them. This includes solicitors and barristers (and the qualities needed for each). But it will also provide information about alternative legal careers, like paralegal and chartered legal executives.
- New legal apprenticeships. This exciting initiative is just starting to come to the fore. Many students – and those that advise them – are still a little unsure how they work, what the application process is and who they best suited to (they are very different to trade apprenticeships in this way!).
- Navigating the university application process. This includes all the steps required by UCAS – from personal statement to teacher reference – as well as the intricacies of the LNAT exam required by many universities.
- The myriad pathways students can follow into a legal career. Whether studying law at university or converting through a graduate diploma in law after a non-law degree. Whether going on to the LPC or the BTPC and how Training Contracts and Pupillage work.
- Find out about legal work experience for your students, both now and in the future. Whether it’s a week of shadowing a family friend, going to court, attending open days or considering vacation schemes and mini pupillage in future.
- Upcoming changes! The route to becoming a lawyer is changing. It looks likely that the pathways will alter quite significantly. We will keep you up-to-date with what’s happened – and what’s on the horizon.
Praise for The Lawyer Portal’s Teacher Conferences
“The Teacher Conference covered a wide range of relevant points, including a full exploration of the different career paths available to students interested in Law, hints and tips on personal statements and references and the LNAT (we particularly enjoyed he heated debate on our practice questions!) Rachel’s delivery of every aspect was excellent, leaving us sufficient time for discussion, and her knowledge on all aspects of this field meant that our many questions were answered fully. Thank you for an excellent conference!”
Teacher, Badminton School
Teacher Conferences – Logistics
Unfortunately, there are currently no Teacher Conferences taking place at this time. However, you can register your interest in one here: