TLP Ambassador Programme 2019
*Register your interest in the 2019 scheme below*
Here at The Lawyer Portal, our aim is simple: to provide the definitive resource for everyone considering a career in law, whatever their stage or background.
We are officially partnered with the Bar Council and CILEx and are working closely with law firms & chambers to provide the most up-to-date careers advice, alongside exciting and useful events.
As a student ambassador of The Lawyer Portal, your role would be to promote the platform to people at your university – whether they are members of your law society, studying law or even other subjects.
Why Should You Become a TLP Ambassador?
- It’s a great opportunity for you to network with law students, lawyers and law firms across the country;
- An extra way to boost your legal CV and gain experience that will impress in applications;
- You can win great prizes – like Amazon vouchers – throughout the year;
- You will also have the chance to attend TLP events for free, meeting top law firms;
- You will connect with your university’s law students and help them secure their future law careers!
What Will You Be Doing as a TLP Ambassador?
TLP ambassadorial duties include:
- Running your own university Facebook group, sharing relevant TLP articles and encouraging university members to join;
- Contributing blogs and content for the website;
- Helping to promote, organise and speak at inspiring law events, like TLP Aspire;
- Participation in focus groups and market research;
- Other opportunities to represent TLP may arise throughout the year.
What Do Others Say About Being a TLP Ambassador?
Our ambassadors for 2017-18 from twenty different universities rated the programme 4.4 out of 5 stars, and 100% of them would recommend the programme to a friend!
Here’s what else they had to say:
- “It’s been a great way of getting myself involved with my fellow student cohort. I have found the information available very useful and feel good knowing that I am helping my fellow students” – Amy, University of Nottingham
- “Great experience to get involved with an ambitious team to share an exciting new platform” – Ludovico, University of York
- “Being a TLP ambassador introduces you to a fantastic resource – namely The Lawyer Portal – whilst at the same time encouraging you to develop organisation and leadership skills” – Joan, University of Exeter
- “Being an ambassador for TLP has been a great experience. The role has improved many skills that I can now talk about in applications and interviews, including organisation and marketing skills. It has allowed me to demonstrate innovation as I try to come up with new ways to promote TLP and overall, I have thoroughly enjoyed working with the TLP team” – Lucy, University of East Anglia
- “My favourite part of being a TLP Ambassador has been operating a dedicated Facebook page for students at my university. By doing this, I have needed to develop organisation, leadership and communication skills. I have loved the extra responsibility that this role has brought” – Ali, Royal Holloway, University of London
Who Can Apply?
To apply to become a TLP Ambassador 2018, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Starting university in September/October 2018;
- Starting your second/third/fourth year of university in September/October 2018.
You do NOT need to be a law student – in fact, we encourage non-law students to apply! The universities with non-law ambassador applicants will instead have two ambassadors, one law and one non-law.
How to Apply
Applications have officially closed for 2018, but you can register your interest in our 2019 scheme to be the first to know when applications open below: