TLP Ambassador Programme 2018
*Applications are officially open!*
Here at The Lawyer Portal, our aim is simple: to provide the definitive resource for everyone considering a career in law, whatever their stage or background.
We are officially partnered with the Bar Council and CILEx and are working closely with law firms & chambers to provide the most up-to-date careers advice, alongside exciting and useful events.
As a student ambassador of The Lawyer Portal, your role would be to promote the platform to people at your university – whether they are members of your law society, studying law or even other subjects.
Why Should You Become a TLP Ambassador?
- It’s a great opportunity for you to network with law students, lawyers and law firms across the country;
- An extra way to boost your legal CV and gain experience that will impress in applications;
- You can win great prizes – like Amazon vouchers – throughout the year;
- You will also have the chance to attend TLP events for free, meeting top law firms;
- You will connect with your university’s law students and help them secure their future law careers!
What Will You Be Doing as a TLP Ambassador?
TLP ambassadorial duties include:
- Running your own university Facebook group, sharing relevant TLP articles and encouraging university members to join;
- Contributing blogs and content for the website;
- Helping to promote, organise and speak at inspiring law events, like TLP Aspire;
- Participation in focus groups and market research;
- Other opportunities to represent TLP may arise throughout the year.
What Do Others Say About Being a TLP Ambassador?
Our ambassadors for 2017-18 from twenty different universities rated the programme 4.4 out of 5 stars, and 100% of them would recommend the programme to a friend!
Here’s what else they had to say:
- “It’s been a great way of getting myself involved with my fellow student cohort. I have found the information available very useful and feel good knowing that I am helping my fellow students” – Amy, University of Nottingham
- “Great experience to get involved with an ambitious team to share an exciting new platform” – Ludovico, University of York
- “Being a TLP ambassador introduces you to a fantastic resource – namely The Lawyer Portal – whilst at the same time encouraging you to develop organisation and leadership skills” – Joan, University of Exeter
- “Being an ambassador for TLP has been a great experience. The role has improved many skills that I can now talk about in applications and interviews, including organisation and marketing skills. It has allowed me to demonstrate innovation as I try to come up with new ways to promote TLP and overall, I have thoroughly enjoyed working with the TLP team” – Lucy, University of East Anglia
- “My favourite part of being a TLP Ambassador has been operating a dedicated Facebook page for students at my university. By doing this, I have needed to develop organisation, leadership and communication skills. I have loved the extra responsibility that this role has brought” – Ali, Royal Holloway, University of London
Who Can Apply?
To apply to become a TLP Ambassador 2018, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- Starting university in September/October 2018;
- Starting your second/third/fourth year of university in September/October 2018.
You do NOT need to be a law student – in fact, we encourage non-law students to apply! The universities with non-law ambassador applicants will instead have two ambassadors, one law and one non-law.
How to Apply
Applications have officially opened, and close on 26th August 2018.
To apply, please fill out the form below with your CV and why you would like to become a TLP Ambassador.
Please note: Unfortunately, for both law and non-law applicants, there are only two spaces for TLP Ambassadors per university, so you are not guaranteed a place on this programme – please refine your CV and answers accordingly.