TLP School Ambassadors 2019
Following the successful running of our TLP Ambassadors Programme for university students, we’re excited to announce a new initiative aimed at school-aged students! Are you interested in getting opportunities to network with lawyers from law firms across the country, boosting your CV and being able to attend TLP events for free? Sign up below to start promoting The Lawyer Portal to fellow school students who could benefit from the informative content we provide!
Why Should You Become a TLP Ambassador?
- It’s a great opportunity for you to network with law students, lawyers and law firms across the country;
- An extra way to boost your legal CV and gain experience that will impress in applications;
- You can win great prizes throughout the year;
- You will also have the chance to attend TLP events for free, meeting top law firms;
- You will connect with your school’s law students and help them secure their future law careers!
What Will You Be Doing as a TLP Ambassador?
TLP ambassadorial duties include:
- Contributing content to our schools Instagram account, sharing relevant TLP articles and encouraging school members to join;
- Contributing content for the website;
- Helping to promote, organise and speak at inspiring law events, like TLP Aspire;
- Participation in focus groups and market research;
- Other opportunities to represent TLP may arise throughout the year.
What Do Others Say About Being a TLP Ambassador?
Our ambassadors for 2017-18 from twenty different universities rated the programme 4.4 out of 5 stars, and 100% of them would recommend the programme to a friend!
Here’s what else they had to say:
- “It’s been a great way of getting myself involved with my fellow student cohort. I have found the information available very useful and feel good knowing that I am helping my fellow students” – Amy, University of Nottingham
- “Great experience to get involved with an ambitious team to share an exciting new platform” – Ludovico, University of York
- “Being a TLP ambassador introduces you to a fantastic resource – namely The Lawyer Portal – whilst at the same time encouraging you to develop organisation and leadership skills” – Joan, University of Exeter
- “Being an ambassador for TLP has been a great experience. The role has improved many skills that I can now talk about in applications and interviews, including organisation and marketing skills. It has allowed me to demonstrate innovation as I try to come up with new ways to promote TLP and overall, I have thoroughly enjoyed working with the TLP team” – Lucy, University of East Anglia
- “My favourite part of being a TLP Ambassador has been operating a dedicated Facebook page for students at my university. By doing this, I have needed to develop organisation, leadership and communication skills. I have loved the extra responsibility that this role has brought” – Ali, Royal Holloway, University of London
Who Can Apply?
To apply to become a TLP Ambassador 2019, you must meet the following requirements:
- You’re at school studying for your A-levels or GCSEs
- You’re passionate about the law and intend to study at university level
- You can work in conjunction with your school’s career advisor to promote our brand
Please note that you do NOT need to be studying a law A-Level to be eligible.